Buty Global Research
UNDERSTANDING THE PRECEPT OF PROJECT WRITING AND DISSERTATION AND THESIS FOR FINAL YEAR STUDENTS, MASTER STUDENTS AND DOCTORAL STUDENTS RESPECTIVELY

UNDERSTANDING THE PRECEPT OF PROJECT WRITING AND DISSERTATION AND THESIS FOR FINAL YEAR STUDENTS, MASTER STUDENTS AND DOCTORAL STUDENTS RESPECTIVELY

Volume 1

27TH JULY, 2019

FROM THE DESK OF BUTY GLOBAL

Project writing is an independent task that is required of every undergraduate student and or postgraduate diploma student in tertiary institutions, Dissertation is an independent task that is required of every master student at the postgraduate level, and Thesis is an independent task that is required of every doctoral (PhD) student at the postgraduate level. Despite the fact that the students are expected to carry out the task independently, they are always guided or supervised by academic staff. Apart from the student’s supervisor, there is also an external supervisor is usual who will provide an external and autonomous check on the task.
The difference between a project, dissertation, and thesis can be traceable to the difference between a statement of problem and statement of the problem, which will be further explained as we progress with the article. When structuring the given task, there are three stages:

1. The proposal stage: In this stage, the following should be noted: Introduction (Background to the study, Problem statement, Aim and Objectives, Hypothes(i/e)s, Significance, Scope, Limitation, Definition of operational terms, methodology, and references.
  2. The progress stage: In this stage, the following should be noted: i. Chapter one: Introduction (Background to the study, Problem statement, Aim and Objectives, Hypothes(i/e)s, Significance, Scope, Limitation, Study area, and Definition of operational terms. ii. Chapter two: Literature review (Introduction, Theoretical framework, Conceptual framework, and Empirical review). iii. Chapter three: Methodology (Research design, Population, Sampling technique, Sampling frame and size, Method of data collection, Instrument of data collection, Justification of sampling with data collection and data types, and Method of data analysis.
  3. The final stage: In this stage, the following should be noted: i. Chapter one: Introduction (Background to the study, Problem statement, Aim and Objectives, Hypothes(i/e)s, Significance, Scope, Limitation, Study area, and Definition of operational terms. ii. Chapter two: Literature review (Introduction, Theoretical framework, Conceptual framework, and Empirical review). iii. Chapter three: Methodology (Research design, Population, Sampling technique, Sampling frame and size, Method of data collection, Instrument of data collection, Justification of sampling with data collection and data types, and Method of data analysis. iv. Chapter four: Data analysis and discussion of findings (In line with the objectives). v. Chapter five: Summary of findings, Conclusion, and Policy implications or Recommendations.

We will elaborate more on each chapter in the next volume of the article.

Please share this article with your friends, they may also benefit.

**UNDERSTANDING THE PRECEPT OF PROJECT WRITING AND DISSERTATION AND THESIS FOR FINAL YEAR STUDENTS, MASTER STUDENTS AND DOCTORAL STUDENTS RESPECTIVELY** **Volume 1** **27TH JULY, 2019** **FROM THE DESK OF BUTY GLOBAL** Project writing is an independent task that is required of every undergraduate student and or postgraduate diploma student in tertiary institutions, Dissertation is an independent task that is required of every master student at the postgraduate level, and Thesis is an independent task that is required of every doctoral (PhD) student at the postgraduate level. Despite the fact that the students are expected to carry out the task independently, they are always guided or supervised by academic staff. Apart from the student’s supervisor, there is also an external supervisor is usual who will provide an external and autonomous check on the task. The difference between a project, dissertation, and thesis can be traceable to the difference between a statement of problem and statement of the problem, which will be further explained as we progress with the article. When structuring the given task, there are three stages: 1. **The proposal stage**: In this stage, the following should be noted: Introduction (Background to the study, Problem statement, Aim and Objectives, Hypothes(i/e)s, Significance, Scope, Limitation, Definition of operational terms, methodology, and references. 2. **The progress stage**: In this stage, the following should be noted: i. **Chapter one**: Introduction (Background to the study, Problem statement, Aim and Objectives, Hypothes(i/e)s, Significance, Scope, Limitation, Study area, and Definition of operational terms. ii. **Chapter two**: Literature review (Introduction, Theoretical framework, Conceptual framework, and Empirical review). iii. **Chapter three**: Methodology (Research design, Population, Sampling technique, Sampling frame and size, Method of data collection, Instrument of data collection, Justification of sampling with data collection and data types, and Method of data analysis. 3. **The final stage**: In this stage, the following should be noted: i. **Chapter one**: Introduction (Background to the study, Problem statement, Aim and Objectives, Hypothes(i/e)s, Significance, Scope, Limitation, Study area, and Definition of operational terms. ii. **Chapter two**: Literature review (Introduction, Theoretical framework, Conceptual framework, and Empirical review). iii. **Chapter three**: Methodology (Research design, Population, Sampling technique, Sampling frame and size, Method of data collection, Instrument of data collection, Justification of sampling with data collection and data types, and Method of data analysis. iv. **Chapter four**: Data analysis and discussion of findings (In line with the objectives). v. **Chapter five**: Summary of findings, Conclusion, and Policy implications or Recommendations. **We will elaborate more on each chapter in the next volume of the article.** Please share this article with your friends, they may also benefit.

BUTYGlobal is an academic research and project management firm that is duly registered under the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). It is founded by Mr Adeniran, A. O. Contact us on: Phone/Whatsap +2347036196773 Gmail: butyglobalresearch@gmail.com

edited Aug 27 '19 at 2:43 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft