We all know that the world is changing and digital systems is not the new norms, so as NYSC Batch A is preparing back to camp (according to NYSC DG) and stream 2 preparing for call up and even for ex corp members.
Video screening and interview is not a norm and certain ethic have to be followed to have a success in this.
This post is all about the must do in a video conference interview and standard one on one job interview.
If you have a video conference job interview, the same rules apply as a standard job interview. This includes:
1. Dress for success – Wear what you would for a normal job interview for a corp member khaki will not be bad. Either way make sure you are smart, presentable, business attire.
2. Be prepared for the interview – Learn a little about the company, the industry, have your interview answers ready to showcase how you can serve them, what you can do, and have suitable questions to ask.
3. Bring evidence of achievements/qualifications if you have it – If sales increased by 10% or efficiency increased by 5% and you have the documents to show this, have it with you. Also, have digital versions of this which you can share with the interview panel should you be asked.
For a video job interview, there are a few extra aspects to take on board, such as:
4. Practice looking at the camera – When we use Zoom and the like we naturally look at the person speaking. Try and practice looking at the camera as this will mimic eye contact that you would naturally do in a job interview.
5. Keep the background neutral – Try and position yourself where the camera shows only a blank wall. This will keep the focus of the interview panel on you.
6. Make extra sure you will not be disturbed – The last thing you want is to have to leave the interview to sort out an ‘emergency’.
Video conferencing is not the same as face to meetings or job interviews, but with a little preparation, you can make them easier to manage. More productive, and less disruptive.
Wishing luck in your interviews,
NOTE YOU CAN ALSO CREATE ANY TOPIC RELATED TO OUR FOCUS ON THIS PLATFORM SIMPLY CLICK HERE TO DO SO