Let me start by saying, if you not be following our security tips that we been sharing during this time. That means you been miss out of our NYSC member channel Join immediately here
Today Security Tip is on corpers Rape Awareness
AS THE WORLD IS RECENTLY TALKING ABOUT RAPE WE DECIDED TO BRING YOUR WHAT NYSC THINKS ABOUT RAPE AWARENESS EVEN THOUGH THIS APPLIES MOSTLY TO FEMALE CORPS MEMBERS BUT THE TIP HERE CAN BE OF BENEFIT TO EVERYONE
WAYS TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM RAPE
* At a Party
Do not accept drinks from anyone you don’t know or leave your drinks unattended to.
* Date Rape
Drugs can be mixed into drinks in the blink of an eye, so be alert to what’s happening around you and be extremely cautious about what you eat and drink.
- Be Armed not necessarily with a gun but other safety devices
* Be cautious when outdoors
- Don’t walk aimlessly. Be confident.
- Stay away from narrow alleys or dark streets.
- Do not walk by yourself after dark
- Do not get into an elevator alone with someone you do not know.
- Always know exactly where you are in case you do find yourself in trouble and have to call someone for help.
* Safety at Home
- The area outside your main entrance should be lit properly.
- Ensure that your main door has a peephole so that you know who you are opening your door to.
- Keep your curtains drawn and your doors locked always.
Source: NYSC doc
Done: together we are better informed