Every Thing You Need to Know About CDS
Let us start by what it really is?
CDS simply means Community Development Service, This is one of the four Cardinal Programs of the National Youth Corps Service in which Corps Members contribute positively to the development of their host communities throughout the National Service Period.
Objectives Of CDS
As one of the cardinal programs of the NYSC, Community Development Service was considered among other benefits to:
- Impact and improve positively on the rural community life.
- Expose body members to various traditions and customs of the host communities
- Provide a forum for body members to experiment with the subject of the subject. members
- Harness the enormous talents and skills of the body members in rural areas
- Develop the spirit of entrepreneurship in the body members
- Explore the challenges which rural development poses and inculcates in the Nigerian Youth the ideals and capacities for leadership, endurance, selflessness, community service, national service, patriotism and creativity.
- Instill in corps members of the tradition of the dignity of labor and productivity.
- Complementary activities of government at all levels in the stride towards national development.
- Providing complementary service in our national development activities, by ensuring that our under-privileged population is taught basic techniques for self-help through the appropriate technology concept being promoted by NYSC.
Classification of CDS
NYSC CDS is classified into two main categories:
A National Youth Service Corps year starts with a 3 weeks orientation course and it is compulsory for all Nigeria graduates mobilised for national service. The course lasts for three (3) weeks and is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Group Community Development Service (CDS Group)
- Personal / Individual Community Development Service (Personal / Individual CDS)
Group Community Development Service (CDS Group):
Body members must use one day per week for CDS group activities. They are not expected to attend tasks at their main duty stations (PPA) on CD days. These days are dedicated to the execution of projects and programs that will improve the living conditions of their host communities. However, these days vary depending on the state of the federation and sometimes it varies depending from CDS to CDS.
The location of this meeting is often at the Local Government Secretariat, this can also vary depending on the type of cds and the decision of member, this is while some corpers like to stay near their LGA. This meeting is also often supervised or reported to by an official of NYSC in that LGA.
The ultimate goal is to find and be in a good CDS group that will develop you see the best of CDS group here
we talk next about all the types of cds group if you want to see know what personal cds is here
don't forget you can share your thought on this corpers house as well by clicking here