Ex Corp Members
Wisdom to CM and Ex Corp Members

Life after NYSC is full of different scenarios, but the most common case is some proceed their education or enter the Labour Market. Those furthering their education will still mostly come back to the same over saturated markets that is even an understatement of the reality.

My little advice, after when allawee stop coming in

I see and met a lot of fresh graduates stay at home for 2-3 years saying they couldn't get a job and that they've tried all within their disposal but to no avail or even blame it on the Nigeria Government.

My questions are:

1. How have you been applying for that job and interviews?

2. What career path have you thought about and considered the best fit for you?

3. Have you been attending seminars that can give you some insights about the job market today?

4. Have you ever thought about going for a job/career fair lately?

5. How strong is your networking prowess?

Am sure if am to create a poll for these questions the result would be below average.

1. My advice is don't quiver in fear when being called for an interview (prepare before hand, always take a deep breath, your sitting position would give you balance when replying your recruiter)

2. Think about what you're good at that could be the best fit of a career path for you and work towards it. (Pls if your so called career path can't be commercialize just let it remain an hobby)

3. There are hundreds of thousands of online course out there that could help you on your career path and also to develop soft skills. Talk of Udemy.com, Alison.com., cousera.com just to mention a few

4. I know of a firm at Victoria Island, Lagos (POISE NIGERIA) they specializes in training employees (beginners and professionals across all sectors) as a beginner after you've completed a course with them, they will get you a Job (always certain)

5. For fresh graduates, you can choose to Volunteer in any organization just to gain valuable experience over time you'll become an hotcake irrespective of the career path you choose.
For an internship role please register on this platform www.stutern.com

I wish you guys all the best in all your endeavors.

Life after NYSC is full of different scenarios, but the most common case is some proceed their education or enter the Labour Market. Those furthering their education will still mostly come back to the same over saturated markets that is even an understatement of the reality. **My little advice, after when allawee stop coming in** I see and met a lot of fresh graduates stay at home for 2-3 years saying they couldn't get a job and that they've tried all within their disposal but to no avail or even blame it on the Nigeria Government. **My questions are:** **1.** How have you been applying for that job and interviews? **2.** What career path have you thought about and considered the best fit for you? **3.** Have you been attending seminars that can give you some insights about the job market today? **4.** Have you ever thought about going for a job/career fair lately? **5.** How strong is your networking prowess? Am sure if am to create a poll for these questions the result would be below average. **1.** My advice is don't quiver in fear when being called for an interview (prepare before hand, always take a deep breath, your sitting position would give you balance when replying your recruiter) **2.** Think about what you're good at that could be the best fit of a career path for you and work towards it. (Pls if your so called career path can't be commercialize just let it remain an hobby) **3.** There are hundreds of thousands of online course out there that could help you on your career path and also to develop soft skills. Talk of Udemy.com, Alison.com., cousera.com just to mention a few **4.** I know of a firm at Victoria Island, Lagos (POISE NIGERIA) they specializes in training employees (beginners and professionals across all sectors) as a beginner after you've completed a course with them, they will get you a Job (always certain) **5.** For fresh graduates, you can choose to Volunteer in any organization just to gain valuable experience over time you'll become an hotcake irrespective of the career path you choose. For an internship role please register on this platform www.stutern.com I wish you guys all the best in all your endeavors.

Done: together we are better informed

edited Sep 13 at 9:56 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft