Widen your knowledge about NYSC, remember knowledge is power, read to the very end.
1. Did you know NYSC was established in the year 22 May 1973
-That is easy right let us go further
2. Did you know the scheme was establish as the aftermath result of Nigeria Civil War
3. Did you know NYSC was created with the decree “with a view to the proper encouragement and development of common ties among the youths of Nigeria and the promotion of national unity”
-I wonder while many are serving in their town, and having their institution as their PPA, Go Far and Wide.
4. Did you know that a graduate who graduated before 30 years but skipped the service year, will still be eligible to serve even if he wants at the age of 60
-That is why you find old people in camp
5. Did you know that NYSC can automatically give a discharge certificate to not just candidate above 30 yrs. but also to candidate who are physically disable or has served in the military or paramilitary for a period of more than one year
6. Did you know that part time graduate are not consider equal with full time graduate by NYSC. Part time graduate are awarded with exclusion letter, which is consider less than discharge certificate
7. Did you know that this quote is stated in Decree No.51 of 16 June 1993 objectives of NYSC “That employers are induced partly through their experience with members of the service corps to employ more readily and on a permanent basis, qualified Nigerians, irrespective of their States of origin. Unfortunately, most employers discard these young graduates, waiting for the next orientation programme to get a fresh set of graduates.”
-Since 1993 this observation has been noted and made, which is true till today, what then are we doing to this
8. Did you know NYSC was known to have been founded by a Nigerian economist and academic. A full-fledged Professor at the age of 36 years. Adebayo Adedeji
9. Did you know that NYSC mobilizes about 300,000 graduate annually
10. Did you know as of 2019 4,664,804 Nigerians have participated in the NYSC scheme, since inception
Thanks for reading through, you can give a thumbs up, if you are educated more about NYSC scheme even if just a little, comment using the reply button on the menu option. Create your topics, share your experience.
Let us together get ourselves and others informed.
join the house of corp members on Telegram by clicking Here