Corp Members
Dairy Of A Bornu Corper||serving In Bornu And Everything Involved

Hello,
I am Aishat, a Batch C stream 1 Corp member. I have been getting some questions, people are interested to know more about Borno, serving there and many more so I decided to give updates about my experience so far and throughout my stay there.

These are going to be personal experiences which might differ from others(no one should come and start expressing how bitter they are at the comment section) lol and also if there are questions anyone want to ask if I have answers to them,I'll do the needful and answer in the best of my knowledge.
So I'll do a flashback and a summary of the first two weeks I spent there before I went on break.Enjoy, please I'm just an ordinary human living everyday as best as I can, I make mistakes, correct me don't judge.so let's get started....

Wait lemme attach a picture of me smiling maybe that can inspire someone having a bad day to know that no one has it easy but we have to be strong and hopeful always!

5e0077206887e

We got to Borno in the evening after we left Katsina,we didn't leave the day camp closed but instead the next day because there was every possibility of getting to Borno late and we won't be allowed in once its past the time we can come in,we were like eight buses or more filled with corp members. The Catholics had their logde also the Pentecostal Christians, they alighted while we the few left,(the Muslims) we were told we were taken to our lodge but on getting there I found out that was a general logde(the state lodge as it is called) they were Batch B corp members occupying the place already.I had a very stressful journey and was seriously hungry but the food that was given to us made me totally lost appetite (atleast they offered us food).
We were given two mattresses temporarily though we were three female corp members and was told to try and do with that because these mattresses were borrowed, the one's to be given to us wasn't ready.I realised by then that my travelling bag (echolas box) was left at the place we first dropped some persons, I couldn't cry I needed to change my wears and everything was in there, we were not told before we realized how much the mosquitoes there were but still my net wasn't here,I was feasted terribly on,I couldn't sleep with their noise and was just praying for morning to come, my first night was really a bad one.
This state lodge are flats and were occupied by some footballers I guess the state footballers so they got another place for them and decided to give us the place and mind you the accommodation is said to be available to those serving under the state parastatal though not everyone working under the state government is staying there, some working with the ministries too etc.The medical students lodge is different from ours,but side by side each other with a fence demarcating it, theirs (the medical students)is just a room self contain while ours (non medical students) was a flat with two rooms kitchen bathroom and toilet,in these rooms,two to three persons per room while the parlour was three person's in it,mattresses would be given to us,while we get the other needed stuffs for the room ourselves,and also for the medical students they were two to three in their various rooms.
To be cont'd.
Thanks for reading.

You can share your NYSC story and experience too, and let someone learn from it.
Click here to do so

Hello, I am Aishat, a Batch C stream 1 Corp member. I have been getting some questions, people are interested to know more about Borno, serving there and many more so I decided to give updates about my experience so far and throughout my stay there. These are going to be personal experiences which might differ from others(no one should come and start expressing how bitter they are at the comment section) lol and also if there are questions anyone want to ask if I have answers to them,I'll do the needful and answer in the best of my knowledge. So I'll do a flashback and a summary of the first two weeks I spent there before I went on break.Enjoy, please I'm just an ordinary human living everyday as best as I can, I make mistakes, correct me don't judge.so let's get started.... Wait lemme attach a picture of me smiling maybe that can inspire someone having a bad day to know that no one has it easy but we have to be strong and hopeful always! ![5e0077206887e](serve/attachment&path=5e0077206887e) We got to Borno in the evening after we left Katsina,we didn't leave the day camp closed but instead the next day because there was every possibility of getting to Borno late and we won't be allowed in once its past the time we can come in,we were like eight buses or more filled with corp members. The Catholics had their logde also the Pentecostal Christians, they alighted while we the few left,(the Muslims) we were told we were taken to our lodge but on getting there I found out that was a general logde(the state lodge as it is called) they were Batch B corp members occupying the place already.I had a very stressful journey and was seriously hungry but the food that was given to us made me totally lost appetite (atleast they offered us food). We were given two mattresses temporarily though we were three female corp members and was told to try and do with that because these mattresses were borrowed, the one's to be given to us wasn't ready.I realised by then that my travelling bag (echolas box) was left at the place we first dropped some persons, I couldn't cry I needed to change my wears and everything was in there, we were not told before we realized how much the mosquitoes there were but still my net wasn't here,I was feasted terribly on,I couldn't sleep with their noise and was just praying for morning to come, my first night was really a bad one. This state lodge are flats and were occupied by some footballers I guess the state footballers so they got another place for them and decided to give us the place and mind you the accommodation is said to be available to those serving under the state parastatal though not everyone working under the state government is staying there, some working with the ministries too etc.The medical students lodge is different from ours,but side by side each other with a fence demarcating it, theirs (the medical students)is just a room self contain while ours (non medical students) was a flat with two rooms kitchen bathroom and toilet,in these rooms,two to three persons per room while the parlour was three person's in it,mattresses would be given to us,while we get the other needed stuffs for the room ourselves,and also for the medical students they were two to three in their various rooms. To be cont'd. Thanks for reading. **You can share your NYSC story and experience too, and let someone learn from it.** **[Click here](https://corperslodge.com/index.php?u=/new_topic) to do so**
edited Dec 23 '19 at 8:16 am
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft